Last update: 17 July 2018
Queenie deals with information privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as set out in the Privacy Act. Queenie also complies with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) which imposes restrictions on sending emails and other types of commercial electronic messages.
Collection of personal information
The information that Queenie collects may include:
- dates of birth;
- job title;
- contact information, including email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcodes, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as debit and credit card numbers;
- information about your business or personal affairs;
- information about your website needs;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- other information relevant to client surveys and/or promotions; and
- any other information requested on this Website or otherwise required by Queenie or provided by you.
Information Queenie collects from you if you make a payment using this Website
If you make a payment using this Website, Queenie collects your full name, your payment number (or Invoice) and payment particulars including credit and debit card number. Queenie will only use your card details for processing your payment via Queenie’s payment partner.
Use of personal information
Queenie will only use your personal information for the reasons Queenie collects it, including:
- to provide information, products and services to you;
- to respond to your queries for website design, support and services;
- to better understand your needs, enabling Queenie to improve its products and services;
- for internal record keeping;
- to circulate promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which Queenie thinks you may find interesting;
- direct marketing; and
- to customise Queenie’s Website and services according to your interests and business and personal needs.
Queenie may contact you by a variety of measures including by telephone, email, sms or mail.
Queenie will retain your information for a reasonable period as long as the law requires.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information that Queenie holds about you in accordance with the Privacy Act. If you would like a copy of the information which Queenie holds about you, please contact Queenie using the contact details below. Queenie reserves the right to refuse to provide you with information that Queenie holds about you, in certain circumstances as set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information Queenie holds on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact Queenie using the contact details below. Queenie relies in part upon its clients advising Queenie when their personal information changes. Queenie will respond to any request within a reasonable time and will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be incorrect so that the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
To unsubscribe from Queenie’s e-mail database, or to opt out of Queenie’s communications, please contact Queenie using the contact details below.
Disclosure of personal information
Queenie may disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing information, products and services to its clients;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where clients fail to pay for goods or services provided by Queenie to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend Queenie’s legal rights;
- to one or more of Queenie’s consultants, for the purposes of providing information and services to you; and
- to third parties, including agents, referral partners, contractors and sub-contractors for the purposes of providing information, products and services to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
By providing Queenie with personal information, you consent to this disclosure.
If there is a change of control of Queenie’s business or a sale or transfer of business assets, Queenie reserves the right to transfer, to the extent permissible at law, Queenie’s user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may also be disclosed to a potential purchaser, in good faith and where Queenie has sought to maintain confidentiality.
Queenie is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to Queenie is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Queenie has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure that information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
When you use this Website, Queenie may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser. This information will not usually identify you personally. Queenie does this by placing a ‘cookie’, on your computer’s hard disk. A cookie does not give Queenie access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you provide to Queenie. Cookies enable Queenie to analyse information about webpage traffic and improve Queenie’s Website by tailoring it to your needs, enabling Queenie to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Queenie uses this information for administration and statistical analysis purposes only, following which the data is removed from the system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of Queenie’s Website.
Queenie may also use web beacons on its Website from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a webpage to monitor behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a webpage. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a webpage or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to websites
In an attempt to provide increased value to Queenie’s Website users, Queenie may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Queenie does not have any control over such websites or resources and is not responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and does not endorse, and is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or content of such websites, including, without limitation, any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external websites or resources.
Queenie generally encourages and agrees to your linking to Queenie’s Website homepage through a plain text link on your website without the need for agreement between yourself and Queenie. However, linking to any other page of the website is strictly prohibited, without Queenie’s express, written, permission.
If you believe that Queenie has breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, then please email Queenie using the contact details below, setting out the details of the alleged breach. Queenie will promptly investigate your complaint and will endeavour to respond to you in writing within 28 days setting out the outcome of Queenie’s investigation, what steps Queenie proposes to take to remedy the alleged breach and any other action Queenie has and will take to deal with your complaint.
Queenie’s Contact Details
All comments, queries and requests relating to the use of your information should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org